q-status Solaris Server Analysis
q-status Solaris reports Data center summaries of servers, patch analysis networks and disks. q-status Solaris Server summary lists all the data servers by processor speed, memory, attached storage and active network interfaces. The disk summary report displays the total disk space used and disk space available with dynamic filtering to display only the data, root and/or temp (/var) file sets of all the server in the data center at the same time. The disk summary report easily identifies which servers have the most free space available and which servers have the most disk space used. The Network Summary report identifies duplicate IP’s, and shows IPMP and aggregate networking. Network summaries report network speed, duplex and autonogotiate for all servers' network interface. Solaris zones and the ZFS filesystem reports display configurations, cross references (global zone and local zone) and status. Display of LDOM configuration is also displayed,
Standard Unix Commands
Unix commands are executed within q-status Solaris such as df and pkginfo. Each Unix server provides information to the q-status Solaris software utilizing the Unix crontab - the Solaris background manager daemon. q-status Solaris utilizes a Java based encrypted SSH secure protocol without requiring any security hole to be open. This eliminates firewall communication and security issues with sockets or ports. q-status Solaris is designed to process text files and display information in a Web page using a database that is created on the fly. Because q-status Solaris utilizes a Java transfer method, ssh comminication pairs are not required and any password requirement is totally encrypted on both the client server and the q-Status Solaris Web server.
What is Supported
ZFS Filesystem Analysis
- Search Filter Widget to quickly locate data in specific reports.
- disk summary of entire data center servers identify usage and availability. Includes summary by disk fileystems types (data, /var and root filesystems).
- network status summary which displays server network speed, full or half duplex and auto negotiate enabled.
- ZFS pools report.
- ZFS Filesystem report.
- utilizes Web 2.0 objects filtering and sorting.
- displays Solaris zone configurations.
- displays Solaris LDOM configurations.
- report Sun WITHDRAWN patches and generates patch lists for processing
- Patchdiag summary report number of patches and will order by percent compliance
- Patchdiag identifies patch type in listing (e.g. recommended, security, etc.).
- supports the new higher frequency PCI/O cards for complex Sun Fire servers
- search function looks for patches, packages or general text items. Patch search identifies all servers where certain patches are installed or are not installed. It can perform greater than or less patch revision comparisons.
- hardware search can locate server with specific system and I/O boards.
- packages search can locate packages down to the version level.
- general text search supports parameter location by type such as hardware, network, volume manager item.
- search function can generate 'not installed" as well as "installed" list.
- enhanced compare engine for hardware, baseline hardware and baseline network comparisons (e.g. history).
- network summary by IP identifies duplicate IP's.
- all network reports support both IPv4, IPv6, Solaris zone network identification and IPMP groups.
- supports server group management.
- Sun and Veritas Cluster Configuration, Status and Resource reporting.
- the discrepancy report engine has been replaced with a new multi-function discrepancy report engine in all comparison modules to display "revision conflict", and "missing only" as well as regular "discrepancies".
- raw data reports.
- display of integrated RunBook links.
- the "explorer2qstatus.pl" Explorer to q-status converter program .
Under the Disk Volume Managers GUI, ZFS Pools and ZFS Filesystem reporting is now implemented. ZFS Pools report displays pool layout, mount point, status and capacity. ZFS Fileystem report display capacity, parameters and snapshots information.
Under the Complex Servers GUI, Solaris Zone reporting is implemented. Solaris Zones displays configuration and status of both the global zone and the sub zones with cross referencing links. Zone configuration is also included with hardware system summaries along with cross-references to zone data.
Under the Complex Servers GUI, Solaris LDOM reporting is implemented. Solaris LDOM displays configuration and status of both the primary LDOM and the sub LDOM's with cross referencing links. LDOM configuration is also included with hardware system summaries along with cross-references to LDOM data. Virtual LDOM network interfaces are associated to the physical primary server interfaces. Unallocated cpu's and memory are also sumarized.
q-status Solaris supports patch type filtered displays such a “Recommended Patches Only”, “Obsolete Patches”, “Security Patches”, etc. These selection can be filtered by a user-selected patch age filter (30 days, 60 days, etc.) based on a clients patch policy. The patchdiag patch analysis can be written to a text file for further processing with other Logiqwest add-on system modules to generate a custom server patchset with an order list for server patch installation.
q-status Solaris Patchdiag report identifies type of patches (e.g. recommended, security, etc.), sorts by compliance, and displays total number of installed patches. Support multiple patchdiag.xref files.
q-status Solaris reports Sun WITHDRAWN patches for server summaries as well as individual servers. Withdrawn patch listings are also generated in a per server bases. This supports back to Solaris 8.
q-status Solaris incorporates search capabilities. This includes searching for both patches and packages and their revisions. A general search functionality is provided which will search the RAW q-status text files to locate specific text strings. Filter types allow searches using "less than" or "equal to" or "not installed".
q-status Solaris for Patches, Packages, Kernel, and Baseline comparisons there are new multiple discrepancy filters. Discrepancy filterssupports display of only missing or version differences.
q-status Solaris provides emails alerts for both storage and configuration changes. Configuration email alerts are triggered by comparing daily configurations against previous version. If a configuration change is identified and email alert is issue to a mailing list. This email include a hyper link to the q-status Solaris Web page displaying the issue in detail. Disk emails alerts are triggered by comparing hourly any disk change to a list of thresholds. Disk tresholds are adjustable for any file systems per server through a Administrative GUI.
q-status Solaris Features Feature q-status Hardware Configuration Yes Server Summary Yes Disk Summary Yes Disk Configuration Yes Network Configuration Yes Network Summary Yes Network Status Yes Patch Comparison Yes Package Comparison Yes Kernel System Parameter Comparison Yes Complex Server Configuration, Status and Board Layout Yes Baseline Comparisons for hardware, patches, packages, network and kernel Yes Ongoing Support/Maintenance and Regular Updates Yes Solaris Zone Integration with physical and virtual server cross referencing Yes Displays Solaris Zones Configurations Yes Displays LDOM Configurations Yes Display ZFS filesystem and Pools Configurations Yes Search Functionality (e.g. patches, packages and general search) Yes Certified for Solaris 8, 9 and 10 Yes Supports both SPARC and AMD and Intel versions of Solaris Yes Patch Filter by type and age Yes WITHDRAWN patch reporting Yes Generates custom patch list by server Yes Sun Explorer to q-status Converter Yes Single patchdiag.xref reference file with web pulldown to support multiple patchdiag.xref files. Yes Sun Cluster Configuration/Resources/Status Yes Veritas Cluster Configuration/Resources/Status Yes Server Grouping Display and Discrimination Yes Discrepancy Reporting for all comparisons including Baseline Yes Associated LUN Assignment in Disk Info Reports Yes vmware Integration with physical and virtual server cross referencing Yes Disk email alerts Yes Configuration change Email alerts Yes LogiQwest, Inc. - USA firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 714.377.3705 Fax 714.840.3937