q-status Linux Description
q-status Linux reports Data center summaries of servers, networks and disks. q-status Linux Server summary lists all the data servers by procressor speed, memory, attached storage and active network interfaces. Sumarize include system type and OS versions. The disk summary report displays the total disk space used and disk space available with dynamic filtering to display only the data, root and/or temp (/var) file sets of all the server in the data center at the same time. The disk summary report easily identifies which servers have the most free space available and which servers have the most disk space used. The Network Summary reports IP address, speed and duplex. It also identifies duplicate IP’s and identifes those networks that are bonded.
Standard Unix Commands
Unix commands are executed within q-status Linux such as df and ifconfig. Each Unix server provides information to the q-status Linux software utilizing the Unix crontab - the Linux background manager daemon. q-status Linux utilizes a Java based encrypted SSH secure protocol without requiring any security hole to be open. This eliminates firewall communication and security issues with sockets or ports. q-status Linux is designed to process text files and display information in a Web page using a database that is created on the fly. Because q-status Linux utilizes a Java transfer method, ssh comminication pairs are not required and any password requirement is totally encrypted on both the client server and the q-Status Linux Web server.
What is Supported
- Search Filter Widget to quickly locate data in specific reports.
- search function looks for packages or general text items.
- packages search can locate packages down to the version level.
- general text search supports parameter location by type such as hardware, network, volume manager item.
- search function can generate 'not installed" as well as "installed" list.
- compare engine for hardware, software, patches, kernel as well as baseline comparisons (e.g. history)
- network summary by IP identifies duplicate IP's
- IPtables reporting and comparison.
- network status summary which displays server network speed, full or half duplex and auto negotiate enabled
- multi-function discrepancy report engine in all comparison modules to display "revision conflict", and "missing only" as well as identifying "discrepancies".
- custom comparision and discrepancy reporting for client's own collected custom data
- custom module examples including baseline comparison are included with q-status Linux.
- raw data reports
- email alerts for configuration changes
- email alerts for disk system exceeding user defined thresholds by filesystems. Controlled through Web interface.
q-status Linux incorporates search capabilities. This includes searching for packages and their revisions. A general search functionality is provided which will search the RAW q-status text files to locate specific text strings such as hardware, IP address, software pacakges, etc. Search filter types allow searches using "less than" or "equal to" or "not installed".
q-status Linux provides simultaneous comparison of multiple servers for Hardware, Patches, Packages, Kernel, and Baseline discrepancies. The q-status multiple discrepancy filters allow separate views of missing or version conflicts.
q-status Linux provides emails alerts for both storage and configuration changes. Configuration email alerts are triggered by comparing daily configurations against previous version. If a configuration change is identified and email alert is issue to a mailing list. This email include a hyper link to the q-status Linux Web page displaying the issue in detail. Disk emails alerts are triggered by comparing hourly any disk change to a list of thresholds. Disk tresholds are adjustable for any file systems per server through a Administrative GUI.
q-status Linux Features Feature q-status Supports Red Hat Linux Yes Supports CentOS Linux Yes Supports SuSe Linux Yes Supports Debian Linux Yes Supports Gentoo Linux Yes Supports Ubuntu Linux Yes Hardware Configuration Yes Server Summary Yes Disk Configuration Yes Disk Configuration with multi-threshold bar graph Yes Volume Manager Configuration Yes Network Configuration Yes Network Summary Yes Network Status Yes IP Tables Summary and Listing Yes Package Comparison Yes Listing of software update available for each server Yes Complex Server Configuration, Status and Board Layout Yes Baseline Comparisons for hardware, patches, packages, network and kernel Yes Ongoing Support/Maintenance and Regular Updates Yes Server Grouping Display and Discrimination Yes Discrepancy Reporting for all comparisons including Baseline Yes Custom Comparison an Discrepancy reporting including Custom Baseline Yes vmware, xen, and kvm integration with physical and virtual server cross referencing Yes Disk email alerts Yes Configuration change Email alerts Yes Root Kit Hunter Email alerts Yes LogiQwest, Inc. - USA email@example.com Phone 714.377.3705 Fax 714.840.3937