q-Status HPUX Description
q-status HPUX reports Data center summaries of servers, patch analysis networks and disks. q-status HPUX Server summary lists all the data servers by processor speed, memory, attached storage and active network interfaces. The disk summary report displays the total disk space used and disk space available with dynamic filtering to display only the data, root and/or temp (/var) file sets of all the server in the data center at the same time. The disk summary report easily identifies which servers have the most free space available and which servers have the most disk space used. q-Status Server summary lists all the data servers by procressor speed, memory, attached storage and active network interfaces. The Network Summary report identifies duplicate IP’s. The new Network Status report reports all server speed, and full or half duplex for all servers' network interface.
Standard Unix Commands
Unix commands are executed within q-status HPUX such as df and pkginfo. Each Unix server provides information to the q-status HPUX software utilizing the Unix crontab - the HPUX background manager daemon. q-status HPUX utilizes a Java based encrypted SSH secure protocol without requiring any security hole to be open. This eliminates firewall communication and security issues with sockets or ports. q-status HPUX is designed to process text files and display information in a Web page using a database that is created on the fly. Because q-status HPUX utilizes a Java transfer method, ssh comminication pairs are not required and any password requirement is totally encrypted on both the client server and the q-Status HPUX Web server.
What is Supported
- Search Filter Widget to quickly locate data in specific reports.
- search function looks for patches, packages or general text items. Patch search identifies all servers where certain patches are installed or are not installed. It can perform greater than or less patch revision comparisons.
- packages search can locate packages down to the version level.
- general text search supports parameter location by type such as hardware, network, volume manager item.
- search function can generate 'not installed" as well as "installed" list.
- compare engine for hardware, software, patches, kernel as well as baseline comparisons (e.g. history)
- server summary lists all the data servers by procressor speed, memory, attached storage and active network interfaces. IT also counts the number of server types and os version in the data center.
- network summary by IP identifies duplicate IP's
- multi-function discrepancy report engine in all comparison modules to display "revision conflict", and "missing only" as well as identifying "discrepancies".
- raw data reports
q-Status HPUX incorporates search capabilities. This includes searching for both patches and packages and their revisions. A general search functionality is provided which will search the RAW q-Status text files to locate specific text strings. Filter types allow searches using "less than" or "equal to" or "not installed".
q-status HPUX provides simultaneous comparison of multiple servers for Hardware, Patches, Packages, Kernel, and Baseline discrepancies. The q-Status multiple discrepancy filters allow separate views of missing or version conflicts.
q-status HP-UX Features Feature q-status Hardware Configuration Yes Disk Configuration with multi-threshold bar graph Yes Server Summary Yes Network Configuration Yes Network Summary Yes Patch Comparison Yes Package Comparison Yes Kernel System Parameter Comparison Yes Baseline Comparisons for hardware, patches, packages, network and kernel Yes Ongoing Support/Maintenance and Regular Updates Yes Search Functionality (e.g. patches, packages and general search) Yes Server Grouping Display and Discrimination Yes Discrepancy Reporting for all comparisons including Baseline Yes LogiQwest, Inc. - USA email@example.com Phone 714.377.3705 Fax 714.840.3937