q-status AIX Description
q-status AIX reports Data center summaries of servers, patch analysis networks and disks. q-status AIX Server summary lists all the data servers by processor speed, memory, attached storage and active network interfaces. Sumarize include system type and OS versions. Disk summary report displays the total disk space used and disk space available with dynamic filtering to display only the data, root and/or temp (/var) file sets of all the server in the data center at the same time. The disk summary report easily identifies which servers have the most free space available and which servers have the most disk space used. The Network Summary report identifies duplicate IP’s. The new Network Status report reports all server speed, and full or half duplex for all servers' network interface. Comparison of Network kenel parameters across multiple servers are displayed including default discrepancies.
Standard Unix Commands
Unix commands are executed within q-status AIX such as df and pkginfo. Each Unix server provides information to the q-status AIX software utilizing the Unix crontab - the Solaris background manager daemon. q-status Solaris utilizes a Java based encrypted SSH secure protocol without requiring any security hole to be open. This eliminates firewall communication and security issues with sockets or ports. q-status AIX is designed to process text files and display information in a Web page using a database that is created on the fly. Because q-status AIX utilizes a Java transfer method, ssh comminication pairs are not required and any password requirement is totally encrypted on both the client server and the q-Status AIX Web server.
What is Supported
- search filter widget to quickly locate data in specific reports.
- search function looks for patches, packages or general text items. Patch search identifies all servers where certain patches are installed or are not installed. It can perform greater than or less patch revision comparisons.
- packages search can locate packages down to the version level. General text search supports parameter location by type such as hardware, network, volume manager item.
- compare engine for hardware, software, patches, kernel as well as baseline comparisons (e.g. history)
- server summary lists all the data servers by procressor speed, memory, attached storage and active network interfaces. IT also counts the number of server types and os version in the data center.
- network summary by IP identifies duplicate IP's
- network status summary which displays server network speed, full or half duplex and auto negotiate enabled
- new parameter comparison module displays the values of the MTU configuration parameters and displays the current network attributes in the kernel. Comparsions against default values is also provided.
- compares mutilpe servers network tunning parameters and indentifies discrepancies.
- multi-function discrepancy report engine in all comparison modules to display "revision conflict", and "missing only" as well as identifying "discrepancies".
- custom module examples including baseline comparison are included with q-status AIX.
- raw data reports
q-status AIX incorporates search capabilities. This includes searching for both patches and packages and their revisions. A general search functionality is provided which will search the RAW q-status text files to locate specific text strings. Filter types allow searches using "less than" or "equal to" or "not installed".
q-status AIX provides simultaneous comparison of multiple servers for Hardware, Patches, Packages, Kernel, and Baseline discrepancies. The q-status multiple discrepancy filters allow separate views of missing or version conflicts.
q-status AIX Features Feature q-status Hardware Configuration Yes Server Summary Yes Disk Configuration with multi-threshold bar graph Yes Network Configuration Yes Network Summary Yes Network Status Yes Network Attributes Parameters Comparisons Yes Patch Comparison Yes Package Comparison Yes Kernel System Parameter Comparison Yes Baseline Comparisons for hardware, patches, packages, network and kernel Yes Ongoing Support/Maintenance and Regular Updates Yes Search Functionality (e.g. patches, packages and general search) Yes Server Grouping Display and Discrimination Yes Discrepancy Reporting for all comparisons including Baseline Yes LogiQwest, Inc. - USA firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 714.377.3705 Fax 714.840.3937