Updated 25 September 2006
Identifying q-Status Version and Update
- This procedures describes how to identify the current Version and any installed Update of q-Status Solaris. This procedure also identified LogiQwest contact information and the q-Status Solaris support mailing list.
- q-Status Solaris is initially issued as a base release version (e.g. 2.04). During the life cycle of a version, new releases are issued to the version maintaining the same version but with a Update designation (e.g. Version 2.03 Update 5). An version release with an Update designation not only implied that there an all encompassing release for this release, but there is also a maintenance patch release that can be applied to that version to bring it up to the new release without the need to install the new version.
- As version without an Update designation is called a base release.
- A current update release patch will take the base release or any previous Update version to the new Update release.
Step Action Description 1 In any q-Status Solaris GUI, the version of
q-Status is displayed.
The q-Status Solaris version is displayed in any GUI under the q-Status logo.
2 Click the "About" text to display the version
information in the "q-Status About" window.
Move the mouse over the version number and it will change to the text to "About". Click the "About" text will display the "q-Status About" window.
- The "q-Status About" window contains the current version of q-Status, its release date and if this release is part of an update version (e.g. Update 01 Release). We reporting bugs or issues with q-Status, the version, the release date and the Update designation will be required.
- The "q-Status About" window also contains LogiQwest contact information and link to the support mailing list.