Updated 25 September 2006
Creating Patch WITHDAWN List
- This procedures describes how to create a patch WITHDAWN list for an individual server.
- A valid "patchdiag.xref" file must exist in the q-Status/conf/ directory.
- A patch WITHDAWN list can only be generated if a server exist in the group where patch-revision has been installed that has been indentified as a WITHDAWN patch in the Sun "patchdiag.xref" file.
- The Unix commands showrev -p or patchadd -p. are used to collect patch information.
- The "qStatus.conf" file defines the location where patch lists are saved. The default location is q-Status/data_patch_lists.
- The Sun "patchdiag.xref" is located in the q-Status/conf/ directory.
Step Action Description 1 In the "Basic" Icon set, from Patches
Icon select Summary
Move mouse over the Patches Icon till "Summary" title is enlarged, then click. A server count processing confirm dialog window will be displayed.
Click "OK" will begin the processing. At the completing, the "PatchDiag Selection" Report page will be displayed.
- Rollover text in purple in any GUI Icon indicates a summary report will be generated.
- Processing time varies by the number of servers and installed patches.
- Defining a "Group" selection prior to clicking on Patches Icon till "Summary" will reduce the processing time.
2 Check for any WITHDRAWN patch
Check the "withdrawn patches:<count>" entry at the top of the page of the "PatchDiag Selection" Report right below the "XREF File Date:" to see is any of the patches installed with this set of servers have any WITHDRAWN patch requirements.
Note: "withdrawn patches: <count>" will only appear if a patch-revsion is installed on a server in the group which has a WITHDRAWN notice from the "patchdiag.xref" file.
It there is a "withdrawn patches: <count>", entires in this header, there will be an individual entry in the Patch Summary Table for each the server affected with a "withdawn:<count>" displayed under the Percent bar of Patches for that server.
See "Performing Multiple Servers Patch Diagnostic Summary" for information in how to navigate the "PatchDiag Selection" Report.
3 Select Servers
Move mouse over magifying icon () in a row for that Hostname till it enlarges, then click. The "Current Patch Diagnostics Listing" report will be display.
4 Generate WITHDRAWN patch list Use the "Save List" to generate a withdrawn patch report as a text file. This file are created in the data_patch_lists/ directory whose location is defined by the "qStatus.conf" file. The default location is q-Status/data_patch_lists
Click on the "Save List" link at the top of page on the far right hand side to generate a patch discrepancy report and a withdrawn patch report as a text file that can be use by other programs to generate a patch install list
Selecting this link will automatically generate a five second or greater alert window will appear.
Click "OK" to contine. A "Patch Diagnostics Listing" window will be displayed.
At the bottom of the "Patch Diagnostics Listing" is displayed the withdrawn patch report that has been created in the file in the data_patch_lists/ directory of q-Status. The file will be called "<hostname>.withdrawn" and consists of patch number, current patch revision, latest patch revision and synopsis.