Updated 25 September 2006
Creating Patch Discrepancy List
- This procedures describes how to create a patch-revision update list for an individual server.
- A valid "patchdiag.xref" file must exist in the q-Status/conf/ directory.
- The Unix commands showrev -p or patchadd -p. are used to collect patch information.
- The "qStatus.conf" file defines the location where patch lists are saved. The default location is q-Status/data_patch_lists.
- The Sun "patchdiag.xref" is located in the q-Status/conf/ directory.
Step Action Description
In the "Basic" Icon set, from Patches
Icon select patchdiag
Move mouse over the Patches Icon till "patchdiag" title is enlarged, then click. The single host selection page will be displayed with a "PatchDiag Selection" Title.
Note: Rollover text in blue in any GUI Icon indicates a single server selection dialog for reporting. 2 Select Servers
Move mouse over magifying icon () in a row for that Hostname till it enlarges, then click. The "Current Patch Diagnostics Listing" report will be display.
See "Performing Patch Diagnostic for an Individual Server" for information in how to navigate and use this report.
3 Save patch list Use the "Save List" to generate a patch discrepancy report and a withdrawn patch report as a text file that can be use by other programs to generate a patch install list for each server. These files are created in the data_patch_lists/ directory whose location is defined by the "qStatus.conf" file. The default location is q-Status/data_patch_lists
Click on the "Save List" link at the top of page on the far right hand side to generate a patch discrepancy report and a withdrawn patch report as a text file that can be use by other programs to generate a patch install list
Selecting this link will automatically generate a five second or greater alert window will appear.
Click "OK" to contine. A "Patch Diagnostics Listing" window will be displayed.
The first part of this display represents the patch discrepancy report list which is generated in the data_patch_lists/ directory of q-Status. The text file is called "<hostname>.patchlist" is the patch discrepancy report list for this server and consists of patch number, current patch revision, latest patch revision and synopsis.